Please be advised, clubs will be able to affiliate to the IABA for season 2021/22 from 12:00 pm (noon) Monday 19th July. The affiliation period will run from 19th July until the 31st of August. Please note, only bodies (clubs, county boards and provincial councils) who have fully completed the IABA’s affiliation process before 1st September will be viewed as affiliated to the IABA and will continue to enjoy the privileges of membership.
Online / Digital Affiliation Process:
- Club secretaries will be emailed a link to access the online affiliation platform via email on Monday 19th July which will allow them to access the online affiliation form.
- Click on the link and use the unique log in details provided in the email from IABA head office after 12:00 (noon) Monday 19th to access the online affiliation platform.
- From there, a club can complete and submit their application for affiliation for processing.
- To assist clubs and to help to expediate the process the IABA have included the most up to date membership data from the last run affiliation process (season 2019/20) which will allow clubs to include members from this list by simply pressing the ‘active’ option or to exclude members by selecting the ‘non active’ option.
- Please note, members who are selected as being ‘non active’ will not be recorded as current members of the club and will be removed from the clubs overall list of members on submission of the application.
- In addition, clubs will also have the option of adding new members to their overall list of members.
- Easy to follow, instructional videos will be made available to members.
- Staff will also be available to assist members with the digital affiliation process.
- Clubs in Munster, Leinster and Connacht can submit their queries to email@example.com
- Clubs, County Boards and Provincial Councils in Ulster can submit their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of affiliation for clubs for season 2021/22 will be €250 euro / £220 stg. The duration of affiliation / insurance cover for season 2021/22 will run from the 1st of September 2021 until the 30th of April 2022.
WAYS TO PAY:
Clubs will be presented with an option of paying through a digital payment platform. Once a club has completed the application part of the process correctly, they will be issued an email with a link to the online payment platform, from there they will be able to use a credit card, visa debit card, etc to pay the affiliation/insurance fee.
Cheque / Postal Order:
Clubs can also pay by cheque / postal order (Payable to IABA), by posting, marked Affiliation to IABA Head Office, 145 The National Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin. D08 HY40. Clubs MUST include a note with payment which identifies which club the payment is for and a point of contact in the club (I.E. This cheque is to pay the affiliation / insurance fees for CLUB X. For more information, please contact John Doe 087-XXXXXXX)
Bank Transfer/Payment over phone:
Clubs wishing to pay their IABA affiliation / insurance via bank transfer or by credit / debit card over the telephone need to contact email@example.com to request a unique reference number and further details will then be provided.
NB: No CASH payments will be accepted.
NB: Please be advised, all affiliation monies for season 2021/22 should be submitted to IABA Head Office in Dublin from all bodies. IABA Head Office will then reimburse County Boards and Provincial Councils with the €5/£5 affiliation fee submitted by each appropriate body that affiliates in their region, following the completion of the affiliation process.
All clubs wishing to affiliate to the IABA for season 2021/22 MUST have completed the Covid-19 return to boxing protocols and have been issued a permission letter from IABA head office, please see link for more information – http://iaba.ie/covid-19-guidance/.
Please be aware, submission of an affiliation application and payment of affiliation does not mean a body is successfully affiliated. All applications must be fully reviewed and signed off before a body will be deemed successfully affiliated. For the avoidance of doubt the membership shall only become effective on the date all approvals have been finalised. If a dispute arises in relation to a body’s application for affiliation to IABA which leads to the application not being accepted, any monies paid as part of the affiliation process will be refunded to the body in question.
Clubs can change their mind about affiliating to the IABA. To do this, your club will need to give notice in writing. You can do this at any time up to 30th September 2021 after making your membership application and your entire membership will end. If you or any of your linked members enters a club to use the facilities during the cancellation period, the IABA will charge a proportion of the affiliation fee to cover this period and we will refund the balance of any fees you have already paid.
Clubs will only be viewed as affiliated members of the IABA following receipt of an official affiliation letter of acceptance from IABA head office.
IABA Membership Team