Auditors, Nexus Accounting, have confirmed they will accept, and count, ballots in the election of 2 non-Executive members of the Board of Directors arriving in their offices until 5pm this evening. This is an extension from midday on November 30th.
These ballots were posted, on November 11th, to the postal address clubs included in your Blocworx portal as part of affiliation for the 2022/2023 season. They must be returned, with the enclosed signed slip, to 31 Grange Ter, Kill of the Grange, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A94 A3E7, by 5pm on Thursday, December 1st.
Elections: Non-Executive members of the Board of Directors
No. of candidates: 3
No. of seats: 2
For guidance, please note:
- Place a tick or an X in the box beside the name of the person(s) you wish to elect to the Board of Directors
- There are two seats available – your club may vote for 2 people
- When your club has completed voting, please place this ballot paper in the envelop provided and post.
- Your ballot must arrive before 5pm on 01/12/2022 in order to be counted and included in the final result
- Results of this election will be made known at the IABA’s AGM in the National Stadium Dublin at 3pm on Sunday, December 4th, 2022.
For guidance, please also note
- Ballots which contain any marks, writing or annotation outside of the relevant boxes will be adjudged spoiled and will not be counted.
- Ballots which include a vote for all candidates will be adjudged spoiled and will not be counted.
The Annual General Meeting of the IABA has been scheduled and registration is now open to all clubs which successfully affiliated by November 1st. Registration will close at midday on Thursday, December 1st. The results of the election will be declared at this meeting.
Date: Sunday, December 4th
Location: The National Stadium, Dublin.
Eligibility: All clubs who have submitted affiliations for the 2022/2023 season up to November 1st are eligible to attend
Attendees: Eligible clubs may nominate any two adult members to attend as delegates – one to be a voting delegate, one to be a non-voting delegate. Delegates nominated by clubs must verified members – this means they must be included in the club’s affiliation application, through Blocworx, for the 2022/2023 season as members and be over the age of 18. *Please note, delegates will be required to present photographic identification (passport, drivers’ licence, etc) on the day of the EGM.
Registration: available here
At its meeting on the evening of November 30th, IABA’s Board of Directors have decided that the proposed votes on Motion 1 and Motion 2 will not proceed on December 4th, pending further consultation with clubs.