IABA NATIONAL YOUTH & JUNIOR TEAM BOXING SESSION SATURDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2021
FIRST SESSION MORNING – Warm up: 12 minutes followed by 3 minute stretch.
Really visualise your opponent when shadow boxing as this will sharpen your movements, concentrating on good defence, feints and attacks.
Shadow /Technical Rounds. (Youths 6 x 3 minute rounds- juniors 6 X 2 minutes) 1 minute rest between rounds, sip water between rounds –hydration.
Round 1: Shape/Movement/Feints – No punching!
● Work on shape, moving forward and back, side to side, pivoting to change direction, slip and step for angles, concentrate on hands high, elbows tucked in.
● Add extra defence manoeuvres ducks, rolls, slips and flicks of the head. Add Feinting skills, feint with your head, shoulders, hands, legs and feet.
Round 2: Feinting skills long distance. – Long fluid movement’s hands high, keep mixing these up, and don’t fall in.
● Lead hand show to head and body, punch body with backhand move away with high hands.
● Back hand show to head and body, punch lead hand to head and move away.
● Mix up the two for final last 30 seconds.
Round 3: Feinting skills with Counter attacks –mid distance uppercuts.
● Lead hand show head, visualise opponent coming at you, lean back on back foot whilst bringing up a swift mid-range upper cut with back hand. Move away with high guard.
● Keep fainting lead hand whilst showing Back hand with shoulder movement and twist of waist, as your opponent comes in bring up a lead hand uppercut. Move away with high guard.
● Mix up the two followed by an explosive lead/back hook to the head.
Round 4: Side steps with attack.
● Meet with same time punch either jab or back hand with side step (remember quick flick of the head from centre, back hand up). Add a straight punch to the head each side, move away high guard.
● Same as above but add back hand hooks to the head again either side.
● Extend with another 2 shots of your choosing.
Round 5: Defence with counter attack.
● After step back and counter defence of your choice throw three to four punches to either side, incorporating both head and body shots, again move away from your opponent.
Round 6: Free round
● Free round of your choice, concentrate on attack, defence, guard and movement.
Cool down and stretch
10 minutes of light skipping for cool down, stretch out your whole body for 10 minutes.
IABA NATIONAL YOUTH & JUNIOR TEAM
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING HOME SESSION, SATURDAY 4th September 21
Warm up – 10 minutes (General warm up, stretch out after)
RUNNING – Running at a good Pace for 20 minutes.
Core Exercises – 2 X Circuit -15 second’s recovery between each station.
● 30 x Explosive Star Jumps.
● 30 x Squats hold squat position for 3 seconds.
● 30 x Push Ups
● 30 x Sit Ups.
● 30 x Tuck Jumps (Bring knees to chest)
● 30 X Russian twists.
● 30 x Burpees.
2 MINUTE REST PERIOD, START AGAIN FOR CIRCUIT 2.
Plank Session – (30 Seconds recovery between each station).
Front Plank – Ensure you engage your stomach muscles, arm shoulder width apart, look at the floor.
Side planks – Engage Stomach muscles. Supporting arm directly under shoulder, hand flat to floor, legs together feet together. Imagine a piece of string pulling your hip up to ceiling.
● 1 minute Font Plank
● 1 minute left side plank. Raise right hand up point to ceiling for 30 seconds, lower arm to under right side of your waist and back up to ceiling. Repeat to end of minute.
● 1 minute Right side plank. Raise left hand up point to ceiling for 30 seconds, lower arm to under right side of your waist and back up to ceiling. Repeat to end of minute.
● I minute front plank rising up to full arm left and right full extension. (Remember to alternate push up each side and return to plank position alternate elbow).
● 1 minute front plank with alternative leg raise
● 30 seconds left side plank with right leg raises. (Lift and lower right leg foot in flex position). No rest go straight into 30 seconds right side plank with left leg raises. (Lift and lower left leg, foot flexed position.
5 minutes of light skipping or light jogging on spot for cool down, 10 minute stretch session work from your feet to the top of your head. Really stretch/roll specific areas where you have twinges or past injuries