IABA YOUTH & JUNIOR NATIONAL TEAM BOXING SESSION SATURDAY 13TH MARCH 2021
Warm up: 12 minutes followed by 3 minute stretch.
School of boxing ( Youths 7 x 3 minute, Juniors 7 x 2 minutes rounds, 1 minute rest between rounds, sip water between rounds -hydration). Really visualise your opponent when shadow boxing as this will sharpen your movements, concentrating on good defence, feints and attacks.
Round 1: Feinting skills long distance.
Work on shape, keep long fluid movements hands high, and don’t fall in on your body shots.
● Lead hand only show head, punch body for first half.
● Back hand show head, punch body for second half.
Round 2: Feinting skill Long distance with attack.
Continue to work on shape, defence and footwork. Don’t lean or fall in when punching to the body.
● Show lead hand to head, punch with back hand to body, show lead hand to body, punch with back hand to head for first half.
● Switch it around showing back hand to both head and body but score with the lead hand.
Round 3: Long – Mid Distance
● Feint lead hand, head and body, followed with a defence, slip, slip + step then burst into a 2-3 punch attack returning quickly to long distance, with high guard to get out of there.
● Repeat the same starting with the back hand ensuring you make defence first.
Round 4: Mid Distance
Change up your 3/4 punch attack combination after feinting with both head and body shots.
● Slip lead hand jab with step of back foot (quick flick – head movement from centre) punch with backhand for 3/4 punch combination of your choice finishing with defence.
● Reverse slip opposite side and show backhand make lead hand 3 punch attack again finish with a defence.
Round 5: Close Distance/ inside work.
Keep tight guard with continuous head movement, chin down, drop you hip and knee for extra leverage for power shots.
● Working off the front foot burst into a flurry of 3-4 explosive combinations of uppercuts and hooks, roll after each attack looking for openings.
Round 6: Close Distance/inside work power shots.
Same as above but this time really visualise your opponent attack as above, finish attack with double explosive body punch hitting the exact same spot (ensuring your opponent to drop their elbow) look for this opening and follow quickly and sharply with the same hand hook to your opponents head to score.
Round 7: Free Round
Incorporate all the above, remember to really visualise your opponent attack and counter attack keeping good shape, defence and fluid movement. Cover as much space as possible changing distance and direction.
2 minute rest period, keep sipping water stay hydrated!!
Skipping Session: (5 continues minutes).
Starting slow for first minute, increasing work rate after each minute, no break skip for 5 solid minutes.
● 50% for first minute.
● 60% for second minute.
● 70% for third minute.
● 80% for fourth minute.
● 100% full speed for last minute.
1 minute recovery.
Cool down and stretch
5 minutes of light skipping for cool down, stretch out your whole body for 15 minutes.
● 10 minute stretch session work from your feet to the top of your head.
Really stretch/roll specific areas where you have twinges or past injuries.
IABA NATIONAL YOUTH & JUNIOR TEAM
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING HOME SESSION, SATURDAY 13TH MARCH 21
Warm up – 10 minutes (General warm up, stretch out after)
RUNNING – Running at a good Pace for 20 minutes.
Core Exercises – 2 X Circuit -15 second’s recovery between each station.
● 30 x Explosive Star Jumps.
● 30 x Squats hold squat position for 3 seconds.
● 30 x Push Ups
● 30 x Sit Ups.
● 30 x Tuck Jumps (Bring knees to chest)
● 30 X Russian twists.
● 30 x Burpees.
2 MINUTE REST PERIOD, START AGAIN FOR CIRCUIT 2.
Plank Session – (30 Seconds recovery between each station).
Front Plank – Ensure you engage your stomach muscles, arm shoulder width apart, look at the floor.
Side planks – Engage Stomach muscles. Supporting arm directly under shoulder, hand flat to floor, legs together feet together. Imagine a piece of string pulling your hip up to ceiling.
● 1 minute Font Plank
● 1 minute left side plank. Raise right hand up point to ceiling for 30 seconds, lower arm to under right side of your waist and back up to ceiling. Repeat to end of minute.
● 1 minute Right side plank. Raise left hand up point to ceiling for 30 seconds, lower arm to under right side of your waist and back up to ceiling. Repeat to end of minute.
● I minute front plank rising up to full arm left and right full extension. (Remember to alternate push up each side and return to plank position alternate elbow).
● 1 minute front plank with alternative leg raise
● 30 seconds left side plank with right leg raises. (Lift and lower right leg foot in flex position). No rest go straight into 30 seconds right side plank with left leg raises. (Lift and lower left leg, foot flexed position.
5 minutes of light skipping or light jogging on spot for cool down, 10 minute stretch session work from your feet to the top of your head. Really stretch/roll specific areas where you have twinges or past injuries.