Following the unanimous decision by clubs at IABA’s AGM on November 18th to increase the number of independent Directors on the Board of Directors from 2 (two) to 4 (four) to appoint gender representative Board, nominations are now open for the appointment of a female Member Director.
This appointment will be the third Member Director on the IABA’s Board, following on from the election of Fiona Hennigan and Darren O’Neil in December 2022. The current membership of IABA’s Board of Directors is:
- Chair (Independent): Niall O’Carroll
- President’s representative: Neil Gough
- Ulster Provincial Council representative: Charlie Toland
- Connacht Provincial Council representative: Tom Geraghty
- Munster Provincial Council representative: Ted Barry, President
- Leinster Provincial Council representative: Art O’Brien
- Directly Elected Member: Fiona Hennigan
- Directly Elected Member: Darren O’Neill
The IABA now seeks to appoint a new female board member, to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work; to include an individual who possesses one or more of the following skills and competencies:
Experience of Finance at a senior level
Former Irish Champion Boxer with extensive major international competition/experience.
This role is an unpaid voluntary position. Board members are expected to attend between 6 and 8 board meetings per year, and to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings. Board meetings are generally on weekday evenings in the National Stadium, or by Zoom, or in other locations as the Board elects. Positions are advertised for a period of 2 years (term may be renewed).
Please email completed nomination forms to the Nominations Committee firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday, December 31st, 2023.
All nominations must be accompanied by:
- Cover Letter
- Completed Nominations Form: