28 Quarter Finals were decided in the 2022 National Senior Cadet Championships at the National Stadium, Dublin, this evening:
- 63kg Ryan Connolly (Setanta) W/O
- 52kg Cormac Curley (Holy Trinity) 2-3 Aziz Abdulnasser (Ballymun)
- 52kg Danny O’Neill (St John Bosco U) W/O
- 52kg Daniel McMahon (Monkstown D) RED WIN RSC2 Matthew McDonagh (Dukes)
- 52kg Johnny Harty (Portlaoise) 4-1 Martin McDonagh (Avona)
- 54kg James Kelly (Holy Trinity) 5-0 Cillian Sheridan (Gorey)
- 54kg Conal Burns (Holy Trinity) 4-1 Enda Lavin (Ballyhaunis)
- 54kg Jack McNamee (Olympic L) 0-5 Jack Johnston (Marble City)
- 54kg Rory McDaid (Illies GG) 0-5 Jamie Barrett (Olympic C)
- 60kg Josh Ormond (Palmerstown) BLUE WIN RSC3 Dylan Conroy (Rathoath)
- 60kg Michael Sweeney (Olympic C) 5-0 Felix Moorehouse (St Davids)
- 60kg Patrick Nevin (Mullingar Elite) 5-0 Tarik Militti (Cabra)
- 60kg Ryan Jenkins (Olympic L) 4-1 Shayne Quinn (St Pauls A)
- 63kg Ruben Aigbologa (Mayfield) 5-0 Gary O’Connor (St Marys NR)
- 63kg Martin Maughan (Whitechurch) 0-5 John McCarthy (Riverstown)
- 63kg Martin O’Donnell (Ballymun) RED WIN RCS2 Michael Sweeney (Drumsna)
- 66kg Archie Ritchie (All Saints) 5-0 Peter Lawlor (De Courcey)
- 66kg Tadhg O’Donnell (Four Kings) 5-0 Joe McKeown (Drumsna)
- 66kg Darragh Smyth (Clonard U) 0-5 Edward Barrett (Titans)
- 66kg David Nevin (Kilcullen) W/O
- 75kg Callum Flaherty (Olympic C) 0-5 Martin Lawrence (Neilstown)
- 75kg Daniel McDonagh (Geesala) W/O
- 75kg James Maguire (Holy Family L) 5-0 Luke Broughton (Ashbourne)
- 75kg Dylan McShane (St Pauls A) W/O
- 80kg Dale Neary (Castlebar) W/O
- 80kg Marc Gorey (St Francis 1-4 James Heaphy (Leeside Lough)
- 80kg John Stokes (Neilstown) W/O
- 80kg John Phoenix (Four Kings) 0-5 Jack Weatherall (St Pauls A)
Semi finals begin on Saturday; boxing starts at 11am:
- 63kg Cillian Reilly (Jobstown) V Ryan Connolly (Setanta)
- 50kg Jordan Barrett (Olympic C) V Grace Conway (Tredagh)
- 57kg Ellisa O’Brien (Enniscorthy) W/O
- 57kg Shauna Riordan (Sliabh Luachra) V Ruby Hynes (Dunboyne)
- 57kg Aliyah Flood (Monkstown D) V Kathleen Casey (Southside)
- 57kg Aoife O’Neill (St Colmans) V Siofra Lawless (Liberty)
- 42kg Luke Mulhall (Docklands) V Tiernan Cunningham (Dealgan)
- 42kg Scott Thompson (Spartans) W/O
- 44kg Ricco Donoghue (Portlaoise) V John Maughan (Crumlin)
- 44kg Aaron Keogh (Drimnagh) V Billy Carroll (Setanta L)
- 46kg William Mongan (Drimnagh) V Lennox Fitzsimons (Docklands)
- 46kg Alfie Jordan (Olympic L) V Keelin Moore (Setanta L)
- 48kg Daniel Philips (Rathoath) V Jamie Graham (Clonard U)
- 48kg Jamie Collins (Drimnagh) V Antonio Bozkaya (East Meath)
- 50kg Sean Duke (Dukes) V Oisin Gilheaney (Erne)
- 50kg John Mulligan (Templemore) V Calvin Doyle (Olympic L)
- 52kg Aziz Abdulnasser (Ballymun) V Danny O’Neill (St John Bosco U)
- 52kg Daniel McMahon (Monkstown D) V Johnny Harty (Portlaoise)
Break – Boxing Resumes at 2.45pm
- 54kg James Kelly (Holy Trinity) V Conal Burns (Holy Trinity)
- 54kg Jack Johnston (Marble City) V Jamie Barrett (Olympic C)
- 57kg Danny O’Reilly (St Pauls W) V Marcus Barrett (Titans)
- 57kg Callum Carrager (Tredagh) V Sam Brereton (Swords)
- 60kg Dylan Conroy (Rathoath) V Michael Sweeney (Olympic C)
- 60kg Patrick Nevin (Mullingar Elite) V Ryan Jenkins (Olympic L)
- 63kg Ruben Aigbologa (Mayfield) V John McCarthy (Riverstown)
- 66kg Archie Ritchie (All Saints) V Tadhg O’Donnell (Four Kings)
- 66kg Edward Barrett (Titans) V David Nevin (Kilcullen)
- 70kg Charlie Valbergs (Cherry Orchard) V Sean Maguire (St Brigids L)
- 75kg Martin Lawrence (Neilstown) V Daniel McDonagh (Geesala)
- 75kg James Maguire (Holy Family L) V Dylan McShane (St Pauls A)
- 80kg Dale Neary (Castlebar) V James Heaphy (Leeside Lough)
- 80kg John Stokes (Neilstown) V Jack Weatherall (St Pauls A)
- 80+kg Rocky Ward (Saviours Crystal) V Charlie McDonagh (Galway)
- 80+kg Adam Olaniyan (Jobstown) W/O
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, Dublin
Boxing: July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th
Weights: Girls 44kg-46kg, 48kg, 50kg, 52kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 63kg, 66kg, 70kg, 75kg, 80kg, 80+kg
Boys 44kg-46kg, 48kg, 50kg, 52kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 63kg, 66kg, 70kg, 75kg, 80kg, 80+kg
(Lighter weights will be accommodated)
Draws: Monday 27th June at 2pm in the National Stadium. The draw is being conducted on the basis of pre-entry only.
Weigh-in: Boxers will only weigh in on each day that they box.
Weigh-in times: 8am – 9am & 12pm – 1pm in the National Stadium. Finals will be 8am – 9am.
Boxing Record books to be presented by the boxer at their initial weigh-in, if not previously given to the IABA.
Boxing: Times to be decided after the draw.
Duration of rounds: 3 X 2 minutes for both Boys and Girls.
Age requirements: Boxers born in 2006 & 2007
Anti-Doping: Boxers must advise details of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. Anti-Doping may be carried out at any stage of the competition. For queries regarding same, please contact Larry Morrison IABA Anti-Doping Officer on 086-0292476
Waiver: It is a condition of entry that all boxers and their clubs have signed and submitted the Members Acknowledgement Form.
Non Pregnancy Declaration Form: Female boxers and their parent/guardian must sign the non-pregnancy declaration form in their record book prior to entry.
Attire: Boxers with long hair must wear hairnets or swimming hats under their headgear. Long sleeved tops are not permitted under vests. Head-guards are put on prior to entering the ring.
No Red, Pink or Orange Gum shields.
Coaches: They must wear full tracksuits and runners at all sessions in the corner.No shorts, caps or hats are permitted. Coaches must endeavour to set a high standard ofhygiene at all times.
Sportsmanship: All decisions must be accepted in a sporting manner. Any complaints must be addressed to the Chief Official, Mr Stephen Connolly. Please show respect to all ringside officials.
Conduct: Please be advised that Clubs will be held responsible for the conduct of theirsupporters throughout these Championships.
Please note that, under IBA rules, boxers who are engaged in ‘Other Physical Contact Sports’ are not eligible to compete. For more information, please visit www.iba.sport