The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland. The IABA is seeking to appoint an Inclusion and Communications Officer on a full-time basis, to deliver a pilot Inclusion Programme on a national level and support the development of a permanent equality and inclusion programme, as well as implementing a Social Media Strategy and Content Development Plan through IABA’s website and social media channels.
The successful candidate will work alongside the IABA’s membership and development team, in a leading role in the promotion and administration of the Inclusion Programme and oversee and deliver the communications function in IABA. It is intended that the person will contribute to delivering on areas set out within the upcoming IABA strategic plan. The Inclusion and Communications Officer will be adaptable, motivated and have well established skills in Information & Communications Technology (social media and content creation), stakeholder engagement, administration, planning, and reporting.
Location: The National Stadium
Contract Length: 1-year funded fixed term contract (6-month probation) with possibility of extension
Full time / Part time: Full time
Application closing date: Monday 13th September 2021
The IABA is an Equal Opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for the role of IABA Inclusion and Communications Officer as indicated above;
Please submit a CV outlining your qualifications and experience and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability to the role.
Please submit your application to Human Resources Manager, IABA, National Stadium, 145 South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than close of business Monday 13th September 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th September 2021.
Please reference “Inclusion and Communication Officer” in the subject of your email.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research & Planning
• Assessing the levels of participation of people with disabilities in boxing, taking account of socio-economic, gender, demographic, and other factors.
• Assessing levels of programme and service provision by relevant agencies targeted at encouraging increased quality of and, participation opportunities, for people with disabilities
• To provide regular analysis of the level of participation and development of boxing for people with disabilities within the IABA.
• To work closely with the IABA membership team to address organisational and membership needs.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
• Develop and sustain effective working relationships with clubs in IABA to increase the range and choice of sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities.
• Provide guidance and support to IABA clubs, to enhance their capacity to facilitate increase participation opportunities for people with disabilities.
• Work with the IABA Development Manager to strategically support the creation of and further enhancement of existing programmes to provide increased opportunities for people
with disabilities and to encourage them participate at all levels within boxing.
• Co-ordinate, monitor and report on the implementation of a range of equality action plans requiring development and consultation.
• Build positive relationships with all disability services providers to heighten awareness of boxing opportunities for people with disabilities and support disability services to adopt a culture that promotes boxing for people with disabilities.
• Work with your line manager to identify funding streams and opportunities to support the programme.
• Implement the communications strategy for the organisation.
• Maintain and update IABA’s website to reflect current services delivery.
• Manage IABA’s social media accounts, ensuring activities from across the organisation are published in a professional, accessible, and creative manner.
• Maintain and update contact lists for targets promotions of IABA’s services.
• Produce regular reports on analytics and engagement of website and social media.
Training & Development
• Identify the training needs within the IABA clubs and regional groups.
• Develop and sustain a network of voluntary and professional personnel through collaboration with Cara in achieving a coordinated approach to the delivery of inclusive training and education workshops across the IABA.
• Support and promote training opportunities for people with disabilities to understand the
benefits of participating in boxing.
• Enhance the recognition and promotion of quality inclusive practice across the sport of
• Link with major disability service providers and disability sports organisations about current needs and possible programmes and facilitating increased participation in boxing.
• Link with volunteer networks to assist people with a disability to be active.
• Link with the CARA National APA Centre whose role is to facilitate and support the Sports Inclusion Disability Programme at a national level.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience delivering inclusive content to a broad range of targeted populations.
• Experience managing and driving organisational communications
• Minimum Irish National Framework (NFQ 5).
• Successful candidate must undertake IABA Garda Vetting & Safeguarding training.
• Full driving license and means of transport essential.
• Knowledge of IT including working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases.
• Strong planning and organisational skills, including time management, prioritising workload and decision making.
Please note this job description is not fully exhaustive in nature and additional tasks may be required as this new role develops.
Specific tasks of the officer will be determined locally having regard to the overall job purpose (as set out above) with reference to the National Sports Policy actions and the objectives of Sport Irelands Policy on the Participation in Sport by People with Disabilities