For the first time, IABA is creating formal training for those who wish to act as Team Managers, leading IABA national teams at international competitions and/or training camps.
Participants who successfully complete this training will join the pool of Team Managers from which Team Managers are appointed in to the future. Only people who have who have gained this qualification will be eligible for selection for Team Manager for IABA international competitions and/or training camps.
This training programme includes a QQI Level 6 qualification in Group Facilitation/Groupwork Theory and Practice, as well as additional learning in areas including : pre trip safeguarding checklists, consent & conduct forms, pre-trip coach/staff induction meetings, communication with parents/guardian, evaluations, and youth participation guidelines.
The fee is E20 for successful applicants, payable only on confirmation of acceptance on to the course.
- November 29th, 10am-3.30pm at the National Stadium
- December 7th, 10am-3.30pm, online
- December 13th, 10am-3.30pm, online
- December 20th, 10am-3.30pm, online
*IABA acknowledges that the scheduled dates may not suit potential participants who are working. Therefore, a second Team Manager Training Programme will take place in on Saturday, January 27th, Saturday, February 10th, Saturday February 17th and Saturday, 24th. IABA will invited applications for this second training programme will be invited closer to the time.
- All participants in IABA Team Manager Training programme must be registered members of a successfully affiliated club for the 2023/2024 season, and must be named in their club’s Blocworx portal.
- Course participants will be required to submit 3 assignments during the course, and receive a passing grade
- All participants must have completed Safeguarding 1 training at the time of application
- All participants must have completed Safeguarding 2 training, and submitted their cert to IABA, before November 28th
- All participants must have completed Safeguarding 3 training, and submitted their cert to IABA, before December 19th
- *Participants who have already completed Safeguarding 2 and 3 prior to their application will be asked to provide their certs, by return.
- A coaching qualification is not required for applicants to this programme – as the Team Manager role is not a coaching role.
IABA Team Manager Programme course overview
Please complete the application form, here. There are a limited number of places on this training programme, and the closing date for applications is 12pm on Monday, October 9th. Late applications will not be accepted.