Affiliation for the 2023-2024 season will begin shortly, through Blocworx. IABA is working with Blocworx to make the system more user-friendly and efficient, utilising feedback provided by clubs in using Blocworx to affiliate in previous seasons, to submit competition entries, and to manage coaching course attendance.
Clubs can now begin their preparation for affiliation for the 2023-2024 season, to ensure submission of their affiliation application is quick and smooth:
Main contact email
This is the email address that IABA uses to send correspondence to your club. Please check that:
- This is the email address your club wants to use to receive all of its correspondence
- If the club is using the personal email address of a club member, please ensure this person consents to the inclusion of their email address as the club’s main contact email
In addition, all clubs are asked to review their main contact email address to ensure it is correct and that the relevant email address is in operation as:
- A notable number of clubs are not receiving IABA correspondence as their inbox is full
- A notable number of clubs are not receiving IABA correspondence there is a typo in the email address
- A notable number of clubs are not receiving IABA correspondence as the email address is not in operation
- A notable number of clubs are not receiving IABA correspondence as the club has chosen to nominate a personal email address as their main contact and this person is not available, for whatever reason, to manage correspondence on the club’s behalf
IABA strongly advises that clubs set up a club email address, so that, in the event that officers change, all club information is stored in the same place, and not spread across several email accounts in the event that officers change within your club.
All boxers, whether they are competitive or not, must be included in your Blocworx portal so that they are insured. If you haven’t already done so, please now review the details of every boxer in your club in your portal, and add any boxers in your club who are not present.
Coaches and R&Js
A significant number of club members have qualified as coaches, Judges and Referees over the last few months. Please make sure that all of your club’s new coaches are included in the coaching section of your affiliation portal, and that any members who have qualified as Judges or Referees are named in the relevant section of your portal, including their qualification.
If your officers (President/Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Child Protection Officer) have changed, or changed elected roles within your club since your last affiliation, please up-date those records in Blocworx.
- Note: No one person in a club can hold two elected offices – for example, the Secretary cannot also be the President/Chair, Treasurer or Child Protection Officer. However, an officer can hold an elected role and act as acoach or other form of volunteer, for example.
Your affiliation goes through several steps before it is approved. Once your club has completed the review and up-date of affiliation information, then:
- Your county board has a two week period from the time your club submits its application to review that application.
- Your provincial unit has a two week from the time your county board has completed its review to, in turn, review your application.
- Your application will be reviewed by National Stadium staff
- The portal is here
- Usernames and passwords issued to clubs for this season’s affiliation process have not changed. IABA will re-issue username and log-in details to clubs in advance of the beginning of the affiliation process
- A reminder of the 2022/2023 affiliation tutorial video is here; a refreshed video will issue for the 2023/2024 season.
If you have any questions or require any assistance in preparing for your 2023/2024 affiliation, please contact any member of staff.