Would you like to Qualify as a Coach?
Applications are now being accepted for Level 1 and Level Coaching Courses in 2016.
There are a limited number of places available.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications to avoid disappointments. Full details including Fees can be found on each of the Instruction sheets.
LEVEL 1 – Beginners Education Coaching Course
The Level 1 Coaching Course the first step in becoming a registered coach with Coaching Ireland and the IABA
- Garda Vetting/Access NI needs to be done prior to applying and applicants should reference the number on the application form. All incomplete forms will be sent back
- Coaches looking to attend courses must also have completed a Child Protection Awareness course and the reference number is to be put on application form.
- The next step required is the club member fills out the IABA Coach Application form.
- This has to be signed off by the club secretary
- The completed application form should be sent directly to the County Board.
- The local County Board will then send all forms for their county to their Provincial Council and the Provincial Council sends the completed forms and monies to the IABA at least four weeks before course start date. (Coaching Ireland requires three weeks notice to give course approval)
- After all the paperwork is submitted and processed, The course can be confirmed by the IABA.
- People that arrive on the day of the course without registering first are not permitted to attend the course.
- After completing the Level 1 Coaching Course, coaches will be able to assist the head coach in their local boxing club.
LEVEL 2 – Coaching Education Course
The Level 2 Coaching Course is suited for a Level 1 Coach who would like to upgrade their Boxing Coaching Skills to assist at National and International Level.
- The first step is for the club member to fill out the Iaba Coaching form. This has to be signed off by the club secretary and Garda Vetting needs to be done prior to applying and a reference number must be put on the application form or ACCESS NI number. Please note that all incomplete forms are sent back.
- Coaches looking to attend courses must have completed a Child Protection course and a reference number indicated on the application form.
- This is a more detailed 4 day training course.