The 2022 Junior 1 National Championships begin at the home of Irish Boxing, the National Stadium, this evening.
26 bouts are down for decision:
1. 46kg Keelin Moore (Setanta L) V W/O
2. 48kg Antonio Bozkaya (East Meath) V Brandon Walsh (Holy Family GG)
3. 50kg Josh Clarke (Carndonagh) V Martin McDonagh (Avona)
4. 50kg Evan McDonnell (Sean McDermott) V James Kelly (Holy Trinity)
5. 52kg Daniel McMahon (Monkstown D) V Cormac Curley (Holy Trinity)
6. 54kg Muireann Bradley (Letterkenny) V Emily Mullins (Tipperary Town)
7. 54kg Jack McNamee (Olympic L) V Finn Duffy (St Josephs U)
8. 54kg Gerry Connors (Monkstown D) V Lawrence Montgomery (Holy Family GG)
9. 57kg Kathleen Casey (Southside) V Meghan Martin (Ballinacarrow)
10. 57kg Shane Quinn (St Pauls A) V Sean Devanney (Oakleaf)
11. 57kg Martin Donovan (Olympic C) V Danny O’Reilly (St Pauls W)
12. 60kg Ryan Jenkins (Olympic L) V Marcus Barrett (Titans)
13. 63kg Kyla Byrne (Whitechurch) V Siofra Kenny (Curadh)
14. 63kg Oisin Doherty (Carndonagh) V Luke Fitzgerld (Corpus Christi)
15. 63kg Ryan Connolly (Setanta L) V Cillian Reilly (Jobstown)
16. 66kg Breanna Johnston (Tredagh) W/O
17. 66kg Tadgh O’Donnell (Four Kings) V Edward Barrett (Titans)
18. 66kg Charlie Cushanan (All Saints) V Alex Cronin (Angels)
19. 70kg Joshua Barrett (Titans) V W/O
20. 70kg Barney McDonagh (Avona) V Kalem Lonergan (Tipperary Town)
21. 75kg Callum Flaherty (Connemara) V Arthur McDonagh (Avona)
22. 75kg Marc Gorey (St Francis) V Dylan McShane (St Pauls A)
23. 80kg Joey O’Hara (Twin Towns) V Martin Lawrence (Neilstown)
24. 85kg Patrick Jakubowski (Corpus Christi) V Jack Weatherall (St Pauls A)
25. 85kg Seamus Maughan (Cookstown) V Justin Ward (Bay City)
26. 91kg Cathal Enright (Ballyduff) V Blaise Kearney (Enniscorth
Semi Finals: March 19th, 11am
Finals: March 20th, 2.15pm.
Venue: The National Stadium, Dublin.
Weigh-ins: Daily, on the day of boxing, between 8am and 9am and 12pm and 1pm. Please note that even those with walkovers in finals must weigh in.
Rounds: Boxing will be 3 x 2-minute rounds for Junior 1 and Junior 2
Entries: Only those sent by the Secretaries of the Provincial Councils and of the Antrim and Dublin County Boards shall be accepted. Entries must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 4th March.
At the conclusion of the Unit Championships, details of names, club, age (B4/G4/J1/J2) and weights for the Irish Championships must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and to Stephen Connolly at email@example.com If any boxer is moving up in weight from the Unit Championships, the boxers club must notify the Unit Secretary of same before entries are sent. As there was no Championship in 2021, there will be no current champions entering.
Entry Fee: A €10 entry fee applies. This fee will be collected from all boxers at the weigh-in on their first day of boxing. Boxers must also give their Boxing Record Book to National Registrar and Chief Official Stephen Connolly at their initial weigh-in.
Anti-Doping: Boxers must provide details of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. Anti-Doping may be carried out at any stage of the competition.
Attention is called to the stipulation in the IABA Rule book that each boxer presented by his/her club shall be fit to box. This is the responsibility of the club.
Attire: Coaches must wear tracksuits and runners in their corners at all sessions and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene. Only qualified coaches are permitted in corners.
N.B. It is a condition of entry that all boxers and their clubs have signed and submitted the Members Acknowledgement Form and it is the responsibility of the entering unit that this stipulation is complied with.
Gumshields: Red/Orange/Pink or variations of these colours are not allowed.
Any boxer who is participating in other contact sports (see www.iba.sport) shall be removed from these Championships.