INFORMATION FOR CLUBS IN RELATION TO TRAINING DURING LEVEL 3 RESTRICTIONS 18/09/20:
Ireland has moved from a short-term emergency response approach to a medium-term approach to managing risk and repairing the damage that COVID-19 has inflicted on society. A Framework for Restrictive Measures has been developed to help us to go about our daily lives as much as possible, while managing the behaviour of the virus.
On the 18th of September it was announced that Dublin would move into Level 3. Dublin will remain at Level 3 for a period of 3 weeks, until Friday 9 October, at which point the situation will be reviewed by the government, based on the status of the virus and the pertinent public health advice. These measures came into effect at midnight Friday 18th September. The rest of Ireland is currently at Level 2.
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association have received some clarification from the Expert Group on Return to Sport regarding the application of Level 3 restrictions for our affiliated clubs in Dublin, below are the relevant points.
Level 3 Sporting Restrictions:
- Outdoors: Non-contact training only in pods of up to 15 (exemption for professional/elite/ inter-county sports/senior club championship).
- Indoors: Individual training only. No exercise or dance classes. While not explicitly noted in the Framework an exemption extends for professional/elite /inter-county sports/senior club championship with regards to indoor training)
- No matches or events can take place. Exemption: professional/elite/inter-county/club championship/horse-racing can take place behind closed doors.
- Level 3 allows for individual training only, no organised Group Activity including Exercise classes should take place.
- Pod Training does not apply to activity indoors at level 3, as individual training only is permitted. No group exercise is permitted indoors in Level 3.
*Please note members who reside in Dublin but who are involved with a club outside of the county are not permitted to travel outside Dublin for any IABA activity.
The IABA will remain in discussions with the Expert Group on Return to Sport and will issue additional advisory information relating to level 3 restrictions as soon as it becomes available. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our clubs for their cooperation and hard work during this extremely difficult and testing period. Please Stay Safe and keep updated of all public health measures. For more information please visit: