The 2022 National Boy/Girl 1, 2 and 3 Championships begin at the National Stadium, Dublin, today.
In all, 511 boxers are contesting the tournament, which concludes on April 30th.
59 bouts are down for decision today, in a card which begins at 1pm.
The first 25 bouts are the Boy/Girl 1 Quarter Finals. The second group of bouts, of which there are 34, are Boy/Girl 2 Quarter Finals.
Weigh-ins for these competitions are daily. Boxers weigh-in on the day they box, between 8am and 9am.
April 18th, boxing begins at 1pm – BG 1 Quarter Finals, followed by BG 2 Quarter Finals
April 19th, boxing begins at 11am – BG3 Quarter Finals followed by BG1 Semi Finals
April 20th, boxing begins at 11am – G1 Semi-Finals, followed by B2 Semi-Finals
April 21st, boxing begins at 11am – G2 Semi-Finals, followed by B3 Semi-Finals
April 22nd, boxing begins at 11am – G3 Semi-Finals, followed by BG1 Finals, which begin at 5pm.
April 23rd, boxing begins at 11am – B2 Finals
April 30th: boxing begins at 12pm – BG3 Finals.
Boy/Girl 1 Quarter Finals
- 29kg James Scally (Olympic L) V Jack Leahy (Cove)
- 29kg Joseph McParland (St Monicas) V Christy Nevin (Crumlin)
- 31kg Pat Stokes (Olympic L) V Kyle Gibbons (St John Bosco N)
- 31kg Tom Doherty (Holy Trinity) V Paddy Delaney (Olympic C)
- 33kg Patrick McCarthy (Sliabh Luachra) V Sean Kelly (Kilmyshall)
- 33kg Kane Bacon (Saints) V Emmet Sheilds (Glasnevin)
- 35kg TJPeake (Ballyhaunis) V Sean Mc Namee (St Johns U)
- 35kg Daniel Grigojen (Lisburn) V Dean O’Halloran (St Pappins)
- 37kg Ola Agbabiaka (Dealgan) V Barney McQuaid (Armagh)
- 37kg Liam Denver (Townland) V Michael Nevin (Frenchpark)
- 37kg Harry Hassan (Gleann) V Andy Lynch (St Francis)
- 38.5kg James Feeney (Gilford) V Oisin Goff (Sacre Coeur)
- 38.5kg Finn Close (Townland) V Johnny Doherty (Avona)
- 40kg Sam McGrath (Clonmel) V Oisin Woods (Ormeau Road)
- 40kg Tyler Lee Reilly (Elite Mullingar) V Alex Durkan (St Catherines)
- 43kg Henri Mahai (Crumlin) V Wayne Barrett (Titans)
- 44.5kg Jimmy McDonagh (Leeside Lough) V Oisin O’Donnell (Convoy)
- 45kg Lucy Prentice (Portadown) V Aoife Lennon (Dealgan)
- 45kg Sophie Nugent (Esker) V Priscilla Hutchinson (Tipperary Town)
- 46kg Jude McLaughlin (Antrim) V Sean Hughes (Skerries)
- 46kg Maksimus Yaitekunas (Ballinrobe) V Paddy Kane (St Marys Newross)
- 50kg Adam Delaney (Spartacus) V Martin Mongans (Rathkeale)
- 56kg Patrick Ward (Gurteen) V Tommy Mulqueen (Corpus Christi)
- 56kg Daniel Ward (Omagh B&G) V Darragh Brennan (Sacred Heart Tolerton)
- 62kg Mike Harty (Rathkeale) V Jack Beasley (Oakleaf)
Boy/Girl 2 Quarter Finals
- 33kg Layla Cairns (Legacy) V Cara Weatherall (St Pauls A)
- 33kg Taylor Parke (Raphoe) V Charlie Conroy (Olympic C)
- 33kg Reese Holohan (Portlaoise) V Colin O’Brien (Ballymun)
- 33kg Lee Largey Snodden (Immaculata) V Jase Green (Golden Gloves M)
- 33kg Donachadh Beagan (Sean Dorans) V Conal Dunlop (St Pauls A)
- 35kg Nicholas O’Rourke (St Abbans) V Mikey McDonagh (Avona)
- 35kg Simon O’Donnell (Olympic C) V Joseph Kearney (Saints)
- 37kg Patrick Whitehouse (Killyman) V James Cleary (Olympic C)
- 38.5kg CJ Gillen (Townland) V David Nevin (Monkstown D)
- 38.5kg Conal McGrath (Ederney) V Alex Delaney (Galway)
- 38.5kg Michael B O’Reilly (Dungarvan) V Daire McGuinness (St Monicas)
- 40kg Brody Martin (Gilford) V Peter Collins (Drimnagh)
- 41.5kg Nathan Clarke (Monkstown D) V John Barrett (Olympic C)
- 41.5kg Lorcan Houlihan (Portlaoise) V Cian Sullivan (Connemara)
- 41.5kg Owen McCann (Saints) V Liam Waters (Riverstown)
- 43kg Andrew Sweeney (Olympic C) V Keith Muma (Tredagh)
- 43kg Timmy Gray (St Pauls Nenagh) V Brandon Corcoran (Cherry Orchard)
- 44.5kg Phoenix Kenny (Baldoyle) V Mike Powe (Rathkeale)
- 44.5kg Jason Donoghue (Olympic L) V Michael Ward (Claremorris)
- 46kg Bernard McDonagh (Galway) V Patrick Myers (Olympic L)
- 46kg Kian Quigley (Monkstown D) V Kai Dynes (Immaculata)
- 48kg Francis Regan (Immaculata) V Ned McDonagh (Avona)
- 50kg Paul O’Driscoll (Corpus Christi) V Christopher Doyle (Urlingford)
- 52kg Meehal McGrath (Two Castles) V Francis Donovan (Olympic C)
- 52kg James McCarthy (Urlingford) V Joseph Ritchie (All Saints)
- 52kg Oisin O’Connor (Ennis) V Phelim Hogan (Crumlin)
- 54kg Martin Collins (Baldoyle) V Darren O’Toole (Enniskerry)
- 56kg Shane Duke (Dukes) V Cian Ryan (St Brigids Kildare)
- 57kg Freya Crotty (Riverstown) V Madina Bagirova (Smithfield)
- 59kg Sean Doohan (Dunfanaghy) V Jack Liddy (Ennis)
- 59kg Anthony Crickard (Holy Trinity) V John McDonagh (Galway)
- 65kg Thomas Mongan (Galway) V Rhys McCormack (Holy Family Drogheda)
- 68kg Norman Sturdy (Loughglynn) V Ronan Sands (Oliver Plunkett)
- 68kg Pete Magee (St Conleths) V Patrick Maughan (Armagh)
Boxing on Day Two of the competition, on April 19th, will begin at 11am. The Boy/Girl 3 Quarter Finals will be followed by the Boy/Girl 1 Semi Finals
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, Dublin.
Dates: April 18th – April 23rd, April 29th, 30th.
Entries: An entry fee of €10 applies. Boxers will be pre-entered by their Units from the weights they won at in their Unit Championships. Deadline for entries received by Stephen Connolly: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com is 12pm on Monday 11th April.
Any boxer beaten in their Unit championships but who was an Irish Champion at Boy/Girl 1 & 2 from Drimnagh in December 2021, is eligible for participation as the defending champion.
Draws: Wednesday, 13th April, 2pm in the National Stadium. The draw is being conducted on the basis of pre-entry only.
Weigh-in and Medical: Boxers will weigh in on the day they box.
Weigh-in times: The National Stadium from 8.00am – 9.00am
Boxing Record books to be presented by the boxer at their initial weigh-in if not previously given to the IABA.
Boxing: 11am each day, unless otherwise stated
Duration of rounds: 3 x 1.5 Minutes
Age Requirements: Boxers born in 2008, 2009 and 2010
It is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials have a signed Waiver/Members Acknowledgement Form. Anti-Doping may be carried out at any stage of the championships and all boxers must advise the doctor of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. It is imperative that all boxers adhere to the Anti-Doping Rules