The second day of preliminaries in the 2022 National Boy/Girl Junior Cadet Championships were boxed at the National Stadium, Dublin, today:
- 46kg Braydon Davis (Golden Cobra) 0-5 Jamesie Casey (Sliabh Luachra)
- 46kg Eoin McTighe (Knockmore/Fox) W/O
- 46kg Caoilte Jones (Sacred Heart U) 0-5 Eddie Corcoran (Olympic L)
- 46kg Daithi Kelly (Frenchpark) 0-5 Conor Dowds (Lisburn)
- 46kg Charlie Burdock (Crumlin) 2-3 Carl Killyleagh (St Pauls A)
- 48kg Anthony Cash (Portlaoise) W/O
- 48kg Damien O’Driscoll (Golden Gloves M)W/O
- 48kg David Tennyson (Letterkenny) 5-0 Tadhg Walsh (East Meath)
- 48kg Con Desmond (Bantry) W/O
- 48kg Aidan Lucaci (Avona) 1-4 Christian Doyle (Olympic L)
- 48kg Jack Donoghue (Titans) 4-1 Tom Stokes (Olympic L)
- 48kg William Donoghue (Templemore) 0-5 Kane Brannigan (Lisburn)
- 48kg Timmy Power (Rathkeale)W/O
- 52kg Darren O’Toole (Enniskerry) 2-3 Cathal Myers (Sligo City)
- 52kg Charlie Sweeney (Gurteen) 5-0 Martin McDonagh (Rathkeale)
- 52kg James Rooney (Gleann) (RED WIN) RCS1 Cameron Sheehan (St Michaels Athy)
- 52kg Justin Kelly (Sean McDermott) 5-0 Dean McLaughlin (St Canices)
- 52kg Dean Nevin (Holy Family L) W/O
- 52kg Jamie Whelan (Phoenix D) 0-5 Liam Ward (Sacred Heart U)
- 54kg Dylan Rockett (Tramore) 5-0 Ruben Fitzgerald (Corinthians)
- 54kg Joseph Ritchie (All Saints) W/O
- 60kg Cody Goggin (Ballyduff)W/O
- 60kg Rhys Taylor (Dunboyne)W/O
- 60kg James McCarthy (Trojan)W/O
- 38.5kg Tarik Bozkaya (East Meath) 0-5 Oliver Plachta (St Francis)
- 40kg Sonia Vilku (St Pappins) 0-5 Elma Barry (Setanta L)
- 40kg Sophie Healy (Golden Gloves M) W/O
- 44kg Keelyn O’Flynn (St Colmans) W/O
- 46kg Alanna O’Brien (Setanta L) 5-0 Ellie O’Brien (Tramore)
- 51kg Donna Marie McCarthy (Mayfield) 5-0 Kerri Browne (Convoy)
- 57kg Faith Killeen (Jobstown)W/O
- 60kg Erin Butler (Phoenix D) (BLUE WIN) RCS1 Niamh Smith (Crumlin)
- 60kg Rihanna Langan (Knockmore/Fox) 0-5 Ellie Sinnott (South East)
- 60kg Cassie Henderson (Gilford) 4-1 Michelle McDonagh (Sliabh Luachra)
- 64kg Hazel Donnelly (Midleton) 0-5 Leah Sheehan (Sliabh Luachra)
- 70kg Leah Kane (Liberty) (BLUE WIN) W/O Orla Ryan (Tipperary Town
- 70kg Chloe Poleon (Dunboyne) 5-0 Ava Lannon (Dungarvan)
- 70kg Lucy Coughlan (Midleton) (BLUE WIN) RSC1 Leah Moore (Ballybough)
- 70kg Bebhinn O’Connor (Navan)W/O
Quarter finals and semi finals will be boxed on Sunday – the programme begins at 2.30pm:
- 31kg Calvin Stokes (Olympic L) W/O
- 35kg Kristian Jubani (Crumlin) W/O
- 35kg Oscar Conway (Ratoath) V James Delaney (Tipperary Town)
- 35kg Patrick O’Donnell (Cabra) V Mikey McDonagh (Avona)
- 35kg Noah Bacon (Saints A) V Cody Golding (Golden Cobra)
- 38.5kg Tommy Fitzpatrick (Marble City) V Kevin Rafferty (St Pauls A)
- 38.5kg William Stokes (Ballina) V Finn Gilmore (Banbridge)
- 38.5kg Callum Crilly (St Bronaghs) V Kurt Kinsella (Monkstown D)
- 40kg Kalib Walsh (Wexford CBS) V Paddy Casey (Southside)
- 40kg Niall Hall (Saints A) V Michael McDonagh (Swords)
- 40kg Cian Stone (Phoenix D) V Caoimhin Connolly (Twin Towns)
- 40kg Paddy Nevin (Holy Family L) V Christopher O’Driscoll (Golden Gloves)
- 42kg Oisin Kiernan (Olympic L) V Brady Crichton (Olympic L)
- 42kg Jamie Kane (Monkstown D) V Lochlainn Began (Sean Dorans)
- 42kg Reece Hughes (Crumlin) V Tadhg Denton (Tramore)
- 42kg Liam Waters (Riverstown) V Justin J Barrett (Olympic C)
- 44kg Declan McDonagh (Avona) V Jason Donoghue (Olympic L)
- 44kg Martin O’Donovan (St Colmans) V Warren Ormond Morgan (Whitechurch)
- 44kg Christian Sweeney (Ballina) V Jimmy Maughan (Docklands)
- 44kg Tom Joyce (Two Castles) V Daniel Joyce (Elite Mullingar)
- 46kg Conan McSorley (Two Castles) V Jack Barron (St Michaels NR)
- 46kg Jamesie Casey (Sliabh Luachra) W/O
- 46kg Eoin McTighe (Knockmore/Fox) V Eddie Corcoran (Olympic L)
- 46kg Conor Dowds (Lisburn) V Carl Killyleagh (St Pauls A)
- 57kg Megan Dagg (Enniscorthy) W/O
- 57kg Faith Killeen (Jobstown) WO
- 60kg Halle Toal (Ballybough) V Niamh Smith (Crumlin)
- 60kg Ellie Sinnott (South East) V Cassie Henderson (Gilford)
- 64kg Megan McDonagh (Galway) V Alannah Kenny (Clonmel)
- 64kg Saoirse O’Riordan (Cove) V Leah Sheehan (Sliabh Luachra)
- 70kg Orla Ryan (Tipperary Town) V Chloe Poleon (Dunboyne)
- 70kg Leah Moore (Ballybough) V Bebhinn O’Connor (Navan)
Schedule of boxing
- Preliminaries on Friday, June 10th: Boxing begins at 6.30pm.
- Preliminaries on Saturday, June 11th: Boxing begins at 11am
- QFs on Sunday, June 12th: Boxing begins at 2.30pm.
- QFs/SFs on Friday, June 17th: Boxing begins at 6.30pm.
- SFs on Saturday, June 18th: Boxing begins at 11am
- Finals on Sunday, June 19th: Boxing begins at 2.30pm.
IABA intends to commission a photographer to document the 2022 National Boy/Girl Junior Cadet Championship Finals on Sunday, June 19th. These images will be shared will be shared with clubs and a selection will be published on IABA communications channels in the days following the final.
It is important to note that:
- Clubs may opt out of their boxer’s final being photographed
- Boxers may opt out of their final being photographed and may do so through their club or their parents/guardians.
- Boxers’ parents/guardians may opt out of their child’s final being photographed.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, they must do so in writing by 12pm on Friday, June 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, it means no images can be taken of the boxer’s opponent.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, it means no images of the winner declaration can be taken.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, and the boxer’s opponent wishes to be photographed, this matter must be resolved between the relevant clubs, boxers and parent/guardians. IABA will honour opt-out requests but will not broker or be party to any negotiations to rescind that request.
- It is the responsibility of clubs to communicate points 1-7 to boxers and parents/guardians.
It is also proposed to live-stream the finals, and confirmation of live-streaming will issue on June 17th.
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, Dublin.
Dates: June 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th.
Entries: An entry fee of €10 applies.
Weigh-in and Medical: Boxers will only weigh in on each day that they box. Boxing Record books to be presented by the boxer at their initial weigh-in, if not previously given to the IABA.
Weigh-in times: In National Stadium from 8.00am – 9.00am and 12pm – 1pm. Boxing: Times to be decided after the draw.
Duration of rounds: Boys & Girls 3 x 1.5 Minutes
Age Requirements: Boxers born in 2008 and 2009.
It is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials have a signed Waiver/Members Acknowledgement Form.
Anti-Doping may be carried out at any stage of the championships and all boxers must advise the doctor of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. It is imperative that all boxers adhere to the Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations. For any queries regarding this matter, boxers/coaches should contact Mr. Larry Morrison, IABA Anti-Doping Officer on 086-0292476.Non Pregnancy Declaration forms must be signed.
Attire: Boxers shall have one red and one blue vest but may wear their club colours. Boxers must not wear long sleeved shirts under their vests. Hair must be tied back and swimming hats or hairnets should be worn under the headgear for boxers with long hair. No red, orange or pink gum shields are allowed.
Coaches: They must wear track suits and runners at all sessions and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners. No shorts, caps or hats are allowed.
Sportsmanship: All decisions must be accepted in a sporting manner. Any complaints must be addressed to the Chief Official, Mr. Stephen Connolly. Please show respect to all Ringside Officials.
Please note that, under AIBA rules, boxers who are engaged in ‘Other Physical Contact Sports’ are not eligible to compete. For more information, please visit www.iba.sport