IABA Youth & Junior
BOXING HOME SESSION, SATURDAY 18th September 2021
Total Time 70 minutes.
General Warm up: 12 minutes followed by 3 minute stretch.
Technical /Shadow Boxing ( Youths 7 x 3 minute, Juniors 7 x 2 minutes rounds, 1 minute rest between rounds, sip water between rounds -hydration).
Really visualise your opponent when shadow boxing as this will sharpen your movements, concentrating on good defence, feints and attacks.
● Round 1 – lead hand only, at any distance. Use Back hand to defend and block bring in feints last 30 secs of round.
● Round 2 -Same as above punch with Back hand, use lead hand to feint, defend and block.
● Round 3 – 3/4 punch combination at any distance lead with uppercuts and hooks.
● Round 4 – Keep long fluid movements with bursts of 3/4 punch combinations at long distance, incorporate spin off to change direction for second attack both head & body.
● Round 5 – Using Side step and shifts with high defence, throw max 3 punches of your choice incorporating both lead and back hand start.
● Round- 6 – In Close, plant feet work body with hooks and uppercuts, keep chin to chest, continuous head movement. Remember tight Elbow defence each side.
● Round 7 – Free Round.
2 minute rest period, keep sipping water stay hydrated!!
Skipping Session: (5 continues minutes).
Starting slow for first minute, increasing work rate after each minute, no break skip for 5 solid minutes.
● 50% for first minute.
● 60% for second minute.
● 70% for third minute.
● 80% for fourth minute.
● 100% full speed for last minute.
1 minute recovery.
Cool down and stretch
5 minutes of light skipping for cool down, stretch out your whole body for 15 minutes.
● 10 minute stretch session work from your feet to the top of your head.
● Really stretch/roll specific areas where you have twinges or past injuries.
IABA Youth & Junior
IABA NATIONAL YOUTH /JUNIOR TEAM
S&C HOME SESSION, SATURDAY 18th September 2021
Total Time 60 minutes.
Sip water throughout – stay hydrated!!
Warm up – 10 minutes (General warm up &stretch)
RUNNING – Running at a Good past for 20 minutes.
3 minute recovery
Core Exercises – 10 minute AMRAP x 3 (AS MANY REPS AS POSSIBLE)
Follow the set of exercises below, 10 secs break, continuous for 10 solid minutes.
2 minute rest period between each AMRAP set. (2 sets!!)
● LUNGES x 30
● PRESS UPS X 30
● Tuck Jump (Bring Knees to chest) X 30
● SIT UPS X 30
● SQUATS X 30
● LEG RAISES hover from floor criss/cross up & down 30 secs
● PLANK 30 SECS
● Start again continue for 10 solid minutes.
2 MINUTE RECOVERY PERIOD BETWEEN EACH AMRAP. Keep sipping water – Hydration.
Cool down and whole body stretches 10 minutes stretching/ rolling out any specific areas of concern.