Please be advised on Tuesday 01/12/20, clubs in the Republic of Ireland will move to Government Level 3 Covid-19 restrictions. For more information in relation to these restrictions please see link-https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#measures-in-place-from-1-december
A breakdown of the implications Level 3 restrictions will place on clubs can be viewed below:
Level 3: Training
- Non-contact training only in pods of up to 15.
- For Adult training outdoor sessions, coaches/support staff should be included in the pod sizes. For example, the ratio of 1:14 is acceptable once the coach has completed their Sport Ireland Covid-19 online training. However, if the coach who is present has not completed this online training, a qualified person from within the club (i.e. a club Covid-19 officer) should also be present, changing the ratio for the scenario used above to 2:13.
- Non-contact outdoor training pods for under-age members (under 18 years of age) MUST have at least two adults present throughout. At least one of these adults MUST have completed the Sport Ireland online training and preferably be a named club Covid-19 officer. There should be at least one adult of each gender with mixed parties.
- Coaches may oversee multiple pods however should not be directly involved in the activity or in close contact with multiple pods.
- There is an exemption for professional and elite sports and approved inter-county Gaelic games.
- Individual training only. Individual training sessions for athletes over 18 years of age only and can be overseen/supervised by one coach. However, they MUST adhere to all government Covid-19 guidelines and the coach must have completed a Covid-19 Officer training course – https://www.sportireland.ie/covid19/course. No exercise classes can take place in Level 3.
At this present time, we have been advised that Level 3 individual indoor training should not exceed more than one individual who can be supervised by one coach. Please see link government Covid-19 guidelines:
Matches and events
No matches or other sporting events should take place, with the following exceptions:
- professional and elite sports
- approved inter-county Gaelic games
- horse racing and greyhound racing
- approved equestrian events
- approved coursing events
These should all take place behind closed doors.
Please be advised, the IABA are awaiting further confirmation from Sport Ireland in relation to Level 3 restrictions on indoor individual training. We will issue this additional guidance directly through the National Secretary and IABA website once we have received it.
Members are reminded that official IABA Covid-19 updates are issued through the National Secretary, the Staff team, the website – www.iaba.ie and the official IABA Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/BoxingIreland/.