Please be advised, counties in the Republic of Ireland have been placed under Level 5 Covid-19 government restrictions. These restrictions will come into place at midnight tonight – Wednesday 21/10/20. Please see link below outlining how these restrictions will apply:
Exercise and sporting events
Training and matches
- No training or matches should take place, with the following exceptions:
- Non-contact training can continue for school aged children, outdoors in pods of 15.
- Professional, elite sports and inter-county Gaelic games, horse-racing and greyhound racing are permitted to continue behind closed doors
- All other training activities should be individual only.
- No exercise or dance classes are permitted.
Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools
- Gyms/leisure centres/swimming pools closed.
There will be a penalty for movement outside 5 kilometers of home, with the following exception relating to sport: To take school aged children to permitted training as provided for in the exercise and sporting events section above. These restrictions are scheduled to remain in place for six weeks (will be reviewed after four weeks).
Members are reminded that official IABA Covid-19 updates are issued through the National Secretary, the Staff team, the websites – www.iaba.ie, https://ulsterboxing.com/ and the official IABA Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/BoxingIreland/.
Members are advised to use these official channels only, when accessing IABA updates in relation to Covid-19.
*Please note clubs in 6 of the counties of Ulster namely Antrim, Armagh, Fermanagh, Down, Derry and Tyrone should adhere to the restrictions directed by the Stormont Executive. For more information please visit: http://iaba.ie/important-update-new-ni-covid-restrictions/
Please Stay Safe and keep updated of all public health measures. For more information please visit: