Boxing begins in the 2022 National Boy/Girl Junior Cadet Championship this evening. In all, over 230 boxers will contest the competition.
Boxing at the National Stadium begins at 6.30pm:
- 35kg Cody Golding (Golden Cobra) V Patrick McDonagh (Portlaoise)
- 38.5kg Tarik Bozkaya (East Meath) W/O
- 38.5kg Michael O’Driscoll (Togher) V Oliver Plachta (St Francis)
- 40kg Kalib Walsh (Wexford CBS) W/O
- 40kg Paddy Casey (Southside) W/O
- 40kg Niall Hall (Saints A) W/O
- 40kg Michael McDonagh (Swords) W/O
- 40kg Cian Stone (Phoenix D) V Patrick Whitehouse (Killyman U)
- 40kg Caoimhin Connolly (Twin Towns) W/O
- 40kg Paddy Nevin (Holy Family L) W/O
- 40kg Christopher O’Driscoll (Golden Gloves W/O
- 42kg Oisin Kiernan (Olympic L) W/O
- 42kg Brady Crichton (Olympic L) W/O
- 42kg Jamie Kane (Monkstown D) W/O
- 42kg Lochlainn Began (Sean Dorans) W/O
- 42kg Reece Hughes (Crumlin) V Blair Kirk (Killyman)
- 42kg Tadhg Denton (Tramore) W/O
- 42kg Liam Waters (Riverstown) V Owen McCann (Saints A)
- 42kg Justin J Barrett (Olympic C) V Michael Maughan (Avona)
- 44kg Christian Sweeney (Ballina) V Phoenix Kenny (Baldoyle)
- 44kg Jimmy Maughan (Docklands) V Cian Cooney (Wexford CBS)
- 44kg Tony O’Reilly (Paulstown) V Tom Joyce (Two Castles)
- 44kg Harvey Cochrane (Castle) V Daniel Joyce (Elite Mullingar)
- 48kg Timmy Power (Rathkeale) W/O
Up-dated programmes have been issued for the remaining days of boxing and are below.
Schedule of boxing
- Preliminaries on Friday, June 10th: Boxing begins at 6.30pm.
- Preliminaries on Saturday, June 11th: Boxing begins at 11am
- QFs on Sunday, June 12th: Boxing begins at 2.30pm.
- QFs/SFs on Friday, June 17th: Boxing begins at 6.30pm.
- SFs on Saturday, June 18th: Boxing begins at 11am
- Finals on Sunday, June 19th: Boxing begins at 2.30pm.
IABA intends to commission a photographer to document the 2022 National Boy/Girl Junior Cadet Championship Finals on Sunday, June 19th. These images will be shared will be shared with clubs and a selection will be published on IABA communications channels in the days following the final.
It is important to note that:
- Clubs may opt out of their boxer’s final being photographed
- Boxers may opt out of their final being photographed and may do so through their club or their parents/guardians.
- Boxers’ parents/guardians may opt out of their child’s final being photographed.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, they must do so in writing by 12pm on Friday, June 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, it means no images can be taken of the boxer’s opponent.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, it means no images of the winner declaration can be taken.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, and the boxer’s opponent wishes to be photographed, this matter must be resolved between the relevant clubs, boxers and parent/guardians. IABA will honour opt-out requests but will not broker or be party to any negotiations to rescind that request.
- It is the responsibility of clubs to communicate points 1-7 to boxers and parents/guardians.
It is also proposed to live-stream the finals, and confirmation of live-streaming will issue on June 17th.
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, Dublin.
Dates: June 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th.
Entries: An entry fee of €10 applies.
Girls: 36KG (not under 34KG), 38KG, 40KG, 42KG, 44KG, 46KG, 48KG, 51KG, 54KG, 57KG, 60KG, 64KG, 70KG
Boys:40KG (not under 37KG), 42KG, 44KG, 46KG, 48KG, 50KG, 52KG, 54KG, 57KG, 60KG, 63KG, 66KG, 70KG, 75KG, 80KG, 90KG
Draws: Tuesday, 7th June at 2pm in the National Stadium. The draw is being conducted on the basis of pre-entry only.
Weigh-in and Medical: Boxers will only weigh in on each day that they box. Boxing Record books to be presented by the boxer at their initial weigh-in, if not previously given to the IABA.
Weigh-in times: In National Stadium from 8.00am – 9.00am and 12pm – 1pm. Boxing: Times to be decided after the draw.
Duration of rounds: Boys & Girls 3 x 1.5 Minutes
Age Requirements: Boxers born in 2008 and 2009.
It is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials have a signed Waiver/Members Acknowledgement Form.
Anti-Doping may be carried out at any stage of the championships and all boxers must advise the doctor of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. It is imperative that all boxers adhere to the Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations. For any queries regarding this matter, boxers/coaches should contact Mr. Larry Morrison, IABA Anti-Doping Officer on 086-0292476.Non Pregnancy Declaration forms must be signed.
Attire: Boxers shall have one red and one blue vest but may wear their club colours. Boxers must not wear long sleeved shirts under their vests. Hair must be tied back and swimming hats or hairnets should be worn under the headgear for boxers with long hair. No red, orange or pink gum shields are allowed.
Coaches: They must wear track suits and runners at all sessions and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners. No shorts, caps or hats are allowed.
Sportsmanship: All decisions must be accepted in a sporting manner. Any complaints must be addressed to the Chief Official, Mr. Stephen Connolly. Please show respect to all Ringside Officials.
Please note that, under AIBA rules, boxers who are engaged in ‘Other Physical Contact Sports’ are not eligible to compete. For more information, please visit www.iba.sport