The 2022 National Boy/Girl Junior Cadet Championships has begun with preliminary bouts at the National Stadium:
- 35kg Cody Golding (Golden Cobra) beat Patrick McDonagh (Portlaoise) 5-0
- 38.5kg Tarik Bozkaya (East Meath)W/O
- 38.5kg Oliver Plachta (St Francis) beat Michael O’Driscoll (Togher)5-0
- 40kg Kalib Walsh (Wexford CBS)W/O
- 40kg Paddy Casey (Southside)W/O
- 40kg Niall Hall (Saints A)W/O
- 40kg Michael McDonagh (Swords)W/O
- 40kg Cian Stone (Phoenix D) beat Patrick Whitehouse (Killyman U), 3-2
- 40kg Caoimhin Connolly (Twin Towns)W/O
- 40kg Paddy Nevin (Holy Family L)W/O
- 40kg Christopher O’Driscoll (Golden Gloves) W/O
- 42kg Oisin Kiernan (Olympic L)W/O
- 42kg Brady Crichton (Olympic L)W/O
- 42kg Jamie Kane (Monkstown D)W/O
- 42kg Lochlainn Began (Sean Dorans)W/O
- 42kg Reece Hughes (Crumlin) beat Blair Kirk (Killyman) 3-2
- 42kg Tadhg Denton (Tramore) W/O
- 42kg Liam Waters (Riverstown) beat Owen McCann (Saints A) 3-2
- 42kg Justin J Barrett (Olympic C) beat Michael Maughan (Avona) 5-0
- 44kg Christian Sweeney (Ballina) beat Phoenix Kenny (Baldoyle) 5-0
- 44kg Jimmy Maughan (Docklands)beat Cian Cooney (Wexford CBS) RSC2
- 44kg Tom Joyce (Two Castles) beat Tony O’Reilly (Paulstown) 3-2
- 44kg Daniel Joyce (Elite Mullingar) beat Harvey Cochrane (Castle) 5-0
- 48kg Timmy Power (Rathkeale) W/O
The second day of preliminary competition takes place on Saturday; boxing begins at 11am and there will be no break in the schedule.
- 46kg Braydon Davis (Golden Cobra) V Jamesie Casey (Sliabh Luachra)
- 46kg Eoin McTighe (Knockmore/Fox) W/O
- 46kg Caoilte Jones (Sacred Heart U) V Eddie Corcoran (Olympic L)
- 46kg Daithi Kelly (Frenchpark) V Conor Dowds (Lisburn)
- 46kg Charlie Burdock (Crumlin) V Carl Killyleagh (St Pauls A)
- 48kg Anthony Cash (Portlaoise) W/O
- 48kg Damien O’Driscoll (Golden Gloves M) W/O
- 48kg David Tennyson (Letterkenny) V Tadhg Walsh (East Meath)
- 48kg Con Desmond (Bantry) V Matthew Mooney (Rathnew)
- 48kg Aidan Lucaci (Avona) V Christian Doyle (Olympic L)
- 48kg Jack Donoghue (Titans) V Tom Stokes (Olympic L)
- 48kg William Donoghue (Templemore) V Kane Brannigan (Lisburn)
- 48kg Timmy Power (Rathkeale) W/O
- 52kg Darren O’Toole (Enniskerry) V Cathal Myers (Sligo City)
- 52kg Charlie Sweeney (Gurteen) V Martin McDonagh (Rathkeale)
- 52kg James Rooney (Gleann) V Cameron Sheehan (St Michaels Athy)
- 52kg Justin Kelly (Sean McDermott) V Dean McLaughlin (St Canices)
- 52kg Dean Nevin (Holy Family L) W/O
- 52kg Jamie Whelan (Phoenix D) V Liam Ward (Sacred Heart U)
- 54kg Dylan Rockett (Tramore) V Ruben Fitzgerald (Corinthians)
- 54kg Joseph Ritchie (All Saints) W/O
- 60kg Cody Goggin (Ballyduff) V Emmett Og Quinn (Phoenix A)
- 60kg Rhys Taylor (Dunboyne) V Kaspar Nowak (St Michaels NR)
- 60kg James McCarthy (Trojan) W/O
- 38.5kg Tarik Bozkaya (East Meath) V Oliver Plachta (St Francis)
- 40kg Sonia Vilku (St Pappins) V Elma Barry (Setanta L)
- 40kg Sophie Healy (Golden Gloves M) V Ruby Walsh (East Meath)
- 44kg Keelyn O’Flynn (St Colmans) W/O
- 46kg Alanna O’Brien (Setanta L) V Ellie O’Brien (Tramore)
- 51kg Donna Marie McCarthy (Mayfield) V Kerri Browne (Convoy)
- 57kg Faith Killeen (Jobstown) W/O
- 60kg Erin Butler (Phoenix D) V Niamh Smith (Crumlin)
- 60kg Rihanna Langan (Knockmore/Fox) V Ellie Sinnott (South East)
- 60kg Cassie Henderson (Gilford) V Michelle McDonagh (Sliabh Luachra)
- 64kg Hazel Donnelly (Midleton) V Leah Sheehan (Sliabh Luachra)
- 70kg Leah Kane (Liberty) V Orla Ryan (Tipperary Town)
- 70kg Chloe Poleon (Dunboyne) V Ava Lannon (Dungarvan)
- 70kg Lucy Coughlan (Midleton) V Leah Moore (Ballybough)
- 70kg Bebhinn O’Connor (Navan) W/O
Schedule of boxing
- Preliminaries on Friday, June 10th: Boxing begins at 6.30pm.
- Preliminaries on Saturday, June 11th: Boxing begins at 11am
- QFs on Sunday, June 12th: Boxing begins at 2.30pm.
- QFs/SFs on Friday, June 17th: Boxing begins at 6.30pm.
- SFs on Saturday, June 18th: Boxing begins at 11am
- Finals on Sunday, June 19th: Boxing begins at 2.30pm.
IABA intends to commission a photographer to document the 2022 National Boy/Girl Junior Cadet Championship Finals on Sunday, June 19th. These images will be shared will be shared with clubs and a selection will be published on IABA communications channels in the days following the final.
It is important to note that:
- Clubs may opt out of their boxer’s final being photographed
- Boxers may opt out of their final being photographed and may do so through their club or their parents/guardians.
- Boxers’ parents/guardians may opt out of their child’s final being photographed.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, they must do so in writing by 12pm on Friday, June 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, it means no images can be taken of the boxer’s opponent.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, it means no images of the winner declaration can be taken.
- If a club, boxer, or parent/guardian wishes to opt out of photography of that bout, and the boxer’s opponent wishes to be photographed, this matter must be resolved between the relevant clubs, boxers and parent/guardians. IABA will honour opt-out requests but will not broker or be party to any negotiations to rescind that request.
- It is the responsibility of clubs to communicate points 1-7 to boxers and parents/guardians.
It is also proposed to live-stream the finals, and confirmation of live-streaming will issue on June 17th.
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, Dublin.
Dates: June 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th.
Entries: An entry fee of €10 applies.
Weigh-in and Medical: Boxers will only weigh in on each day that they box. Boxing Record books to be presented by the boxer at their initial weigh-in, if not previously given to the IABA.
Weigh-in times: In National Stadium from 8.00am – 9.00am and 12pm – 1pm. Boxing: Times to be decided after the draw.
Duration of rounds: Boys & Girls 3 x 1.5 Minutes
Age Requirements: Boxers born in 2008 and 2009.
It is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials have a signed Waiver/Members Acknowledgement Form.
Anti-Doping may be carried out at any stage of the championships and all boxers must advise the doctor of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. It is imperative that all boxers adhere to the Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations. For any queries regarding this matter, boxers/coaches should contact Mr. Larry Morrison, IABA Anti-Doping Officer on 086-0292476.Non Pregnancy Declaration forms must be signed.
Attire: Boxers shall have one red and one blue vest but may wear their club colours. Boxers must not wear long sleeved shirts under their vests. Hair must be tied back and swimming hats or hairnets should be worn under the headgear for boxers with long hair. No red, orange or pink gum shields are allowed.
Coaches: They must wear track suits and runners at all sessions and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners. No shorts, caps or hats are allowed.
Sportsmanship: All decisions must be accepted in a sporting manner. Any complaints must be addressed to the Chief Official, Mr. Stephen Connolly. Please show respect to all Ringside Officials.
Please note that, under AIBA rules, boxers who are engaged in ‘Other Physical Contact Sports’ are not eligible to compete. For more information, please visit www.iba.sport