Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport of amateur boxing in Ireland. Governing the 32 counties of Ireland, the Association is responsible for the management and overall development responsible of all areas of the sport. The work of the High Performance Unit is highly collaborative with the Sport Ireland Institute, Sport Ireland Campus, and other key stakeholders.
We are currently looking to recruit a High-Performance Operations and Logistics Manager to join our dynamic High Performance Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job Title: HP Operations and Logistics Manager
Salary Range: The remuneration will be commensurate with the level of expertise and experience. The position is a two-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extensions (subject to a probationary period of 6 months).
Purpose: The HP Operations and Logistics Manager will ensure effective implementation of all logistics and operations of the IABA High Performance programme. This position will drive initiatives to support and assist the preparation of National Teams competing internationally.
LOCATION: IABA HP Unit, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The HP Operations and Logistics Manager will have the following principal duties and responsibilities:
• Arrange and finalise logistics for international teams and national squads. Complete all preliminary and final entries for international team competitions.
• Reporting to the High Performance Director, ensuring that performance support services are fully aligned to achieve maximum impact to deliver consistent and systemic podium success across the entire HP team.
• Develop and update policies and procedures as required, including but not limited to team administration, coaching practice, athlete agreements and athlete welfare.
• Collaborate with Sport Ireland Institute Head of Performance Support to provide direction to the Institute staff team for effective deployment of sports science support and resources in conjunction with the IABA HP coaching team.
• Liaise with the identified coaches and support staff working with High Performance athletes to improve performance through developing, implementing and evaluating all programmes that are being used within the HPU.
• Management of all HP athletes and volunteers in collaboration with IABA HP coaching staff in order to provide an athlete-centred approach and successful and efficient team operations.
• Identify and facilitate appropriate communication methods, including workshops, to inform and educate athletes, coaches and support staff.
• Maintain a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
• Ensure the optimal delivery of the HP unit operations across all event campaigns and training camps.
• Provide reports, insights and monitoring data as required by the HighPerformance Director, CEO, and key stakeholders.
• Liaise with Sport Ireland anti-doping unit on all matters as required, including drug testing, TUE’s, and Registered Testing Pool, the Whereabouts Programme and compliance matters.
• Assist and manage the budgetary expenditure/income for the HighPerformance unit, including tracking of all expenditure and the budget for travelling teams to international competition.
• Work closely with other IABA staff to ensure alignment of objectives and activity with other IABA departments.
This is not an exhaustive list and the role will include any duties required by Sport Ireland from time to time which are appropriate for the position and the needs of the organisation.
Knowledge & Experience
The post-holder will have:
• A primary degree. A post-graduate qualification in a relevant field would be a significant advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in sport. Experience within high performance sport is advantageous
• Knowledge and understanding of governance, finance and business models.
• Experience of developing and managing the implementation of planning, performance and evaluation processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of the international sports environment.
• Capable of building and maintaining healthy, effective and mutually respectful relationships with all key stakeholders
• Capable of presenting information verbally in a clear, concise and confident manner.
• Excellent planning & organising skills and be able to prioritise tasks effectively under tight deadlines.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Committed to innovation and continuous improvement in all business activity.
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter to HR@iaba.ie. Closing date is 1pm Friday 10th June 2022.
The IABA is an Equal Opportunities employer.