Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is looking for a Company Secretary to provide high quality, professional company secretarial services and promote good corporate governance.
This position assists in the efficient administration of the Association’s Governing Structure; ensuring Members are fully informed of legal and corporate responsibilities and ensuring full compliance with statutory regulations and corporate governance.
- Responsibility in the organisation and administration of meetings for the Board of Directors and selected Committees. including agenda and all meeting preparation, circulation of papers, organisation of meetings and follow up to include minutes of the meetings.
- Maintaining action logs arising out of meetings and driving completion of actions.
- Manage electronic board paper software, including liaison with software provider.
- Arranging and co-ordinating the election process for the IABA’s governing structure.
- Oversight of statutory requirements, By-Laws, corporate governance, legal regulations and requirements. Input into the management of change to By-Laws and internal corporate governance where required.
- Advising on corporate governance best practice and making recommendations.
7. Manage the development and induction programme for the Board, Central Council and other relevant committees under the direction of the chair.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation such as the Companies Act, Sports Governance Code, Protected Disclosures Act etc.
- Act as point of contact to co-ordinate all Governance compliance reporting and Data Protection (DP) requests and ensure that statutory obligations, timelines etc. are adhered to.
- Participate in any other IABA projects, events or activities as directed.
Confident and trustworthy individual who knows how and when to be discreet; A self-starter and team player with strong initiative and common sense;
This individual must be a people orientated, tactful and diplomatic person with good judgement;
Highly conscientious, flexible and detail orientated coupled with the ability to work accurately and efficiently to deadlines;
Motivated individual with the proven ability to organise and complete tasks in an efficient, methodical and organised manner.
Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
Member of the ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) desirable.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in company secretarial or similar
Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and corporate governance best practice.
Ability to design and implement new ways of working, based on company secretarial and corporate governance best practice.
Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities.
Able to deliver quality written reports or minutes with excellent attention to detail.
Ability to take ownership and drive projects forward.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
Excellent organisation and time management skills; Good project management skills;
Strong accurate minute taking skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office;
Application closing date: 5pm, Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024
This position will require at times an amount of evening availability with working hours spread across the week with time-in lieu. The position will also require that the successfully applicant from time to time travels to IABA related activities/events. Costs incurred with be covered by the employer.
Interested persons are invited to submit their CV (by email) along with a covering letter outlining why they believe they are suitable for the post by email only to email@example.com
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association is an equal opportunities employer.