The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is wishing to recruit a part-time Finance and Administration Officer with the successful candidate to work in the High Performance Unit (HPU) at the Sport Ireland Institute in Abbotstown, Dublin.
Boxing is Ireland’s most successful Olympic sport with a rich history of medal winning performances across multiple Games. The HPU provides a world class daily training environment for Ireland’s best boxers. It is a crucial part of the overall IABA approach to high performance development and sustainable world class performances on an international stage.
This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified accounting technician to provide expertise in a key area that supports the Irish National Boxing program. This exciting role will require a multi-tasker who has strong accounting skills and book-keeping experience, effective planning and communication skills, proficient computer literacy and a willingness to take on a range of administrative tasks to support key staff and athletes within the HPU.
IABA High Performance Unit (HPU) at the Sport Ireland Institute, Sport Ireland National Sports Campus in Abbotstown, Dublin.
Hours of Work
3 days / 24 hours per week, with flexible scheduling of hours.
Pro-rata €35,000 per annum but subject to qualifications and experience.
Reports to the National Performance Director and works closely with the High Performance Unit Manager (HPUM).
Essential Skills and Qualifications
This role is multifaceted and offers a great scope of work.
- Experience in general book-keeping ATI (Accounting Technicians) qualification of similar is desirable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Competent in use of Microsoft office
- Advanced planning and good administrative skills
- Task oriented and able to work both independently and under direction
- Competent English language skills and good communicator
- Understanding of Boxing as an Olympic and international sport
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a fast-paced high performance sport environment
Full Job Description:
Interested persons are invited to submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV including 2 referees
- Cover letter outlining how they meet the essential skills and qualifications, and core competencies by providing examples of how they have previously fulfilled the duties and responsibilities of this type of role
Application closing date: 5.00pm, 15 December, 2023 TBC
Anticipated Interview Dates: 2 – 5 January, 2024 TBC
Commencement date: ASAP January, 2024
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post holder is required to undergo Safeguarding Training, to be agreed with the Head of Safeguarding.
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association is an equal opportunities employer