A new funding scheme is now open which will allow boxing clubs to apply for an electric vehicle charger at their club facility. The scheme is being operated by the Dept. of Transport, Pobal, the Shared Island Initiative and Zevi.
The programme will fund the installation of EV charging points at club premises which meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have a 3 Phase electricity connection
- Be the owner of the site or have a suitable leasehold agreement
- Where leasing, have the written permission of the property owner to install EV Charging Points
- Have suitable car-parking spaces – a minimum of 2 car-parking spaces per EV Charging Point
- Be open to the public i.e., open for a minimum of 10 hours per day, at least 5 days a week, all year round (excluding public holidays)
- Provide reasonable facilities such as publicly accessible toilets, access to refreshments, waiting area on site or within 500m of the sports club
Information Session: The Department of Transport and Pobal will host an online Information Session at 10am on Thursday 9th February for clubs who would like further information on the scheme. All interested parties are encouraged to register for this event by emailing email@example.com. Please note that places are limited but that additional sessions may be organised as necessary to meet demand.
Attached: Shared Ireland Sports Club EV Charging Scheme guidelines – more information is available via Pobal here
Expression of Interest through IABA is available here. The deadline for completion is Tuesday, February 14th at 5pm.