Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA)
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland. A vacancy exists for a talented and ambitious individual to join our Finance team.
POST TITLE: Accounting Technician
POST STATUS: Fixed Term – 2 year contract
LOCATION: Based at the National Stadium
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Accounting Technician role is key in assisting the finance department to deliver timely management information. Acting as a support to the Financial Controller and other team members involved in the day to day running of IABA’s financial matters. The role will cover a wide spectrum of tasks which may vary depending on the department’s workload.
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, organised individual who is looking for a broad finance role and who has 3–5 years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Extremely well organised, goal orientated, flexible, enthusiastic, and should enjoy working within a challenging and busy work environment.
- Pro-active, self-starter with the ability to work on own incentive.
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Accounting technician qualification or similar and advantage.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Sage, Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A proven record of Financial administrative experience
- A working knowledge of financial/accounting systems
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A high level of self-awareness and an aptitude for conflict resolution and dealing with sensitive issues
- Match PO’s to invoices ,check accuracy of coding and ensure that all forms have been prepared in line with company policy
- Prepare invoices for posting to creditors ledger
- Collate and prepare expense claim forms for posting and payment ensuring all documents contain the appropriate details and authorisation
- Prepare payment schedule and update files accordingly
- Manage credit control, liaise with customers and other departments to ensure timely receipts of payments
- Maintain Debtors ledger, prepare and post Sales invoices and receipts to sage
- Check accuracy and detail of Sales requisitions and prepare Invoices
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Post credit card statements, follow up with credit card holders to ensure timely filing of supporting documentation
- Month end journal creation and posting, Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental reports documenting actual results, budget variances and forecasting
- Lead financial process improvements continually seek examples of leading good practice
- Other accounting activities as requested appropriate to the role as directed by management.
- Candidates should note that this list is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
Note to all applicants:
*Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate, by example, how they meet the essential criteria will go forward to the next stage in the recruitment and selection process.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Suitable candidates should apply in writing with a letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 24th April 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing 29th April 2019.