Sport Ireland has its Sports Energy Support Scheme to boxing clubs, and there are 7 days remaining in which boxing clubs can submit their applications. The application process takes under 5 minutes.
The funding is designed to support boxing clubs with rising energy costs associated with delivering training, including indoor activity in winter, the provision of outdoor floodlighting, etc.
- Sport Ireland will only accept applications under this scheme from boxing clubs which own/lease the sporting facilities and/or which are the primary utility bill payer.
Please note that Sport Ireland will not award grant funding under this scheme in these instances:
- General cost of living increases including increased costs in accommodation, rent, rates or labour costs are not eligible.
- As per Government direction, fuel costs associated with machinery, vehicles, travel or transport do not qualify
- Non-energy related increases or pre-existing debts or deficits are also ineligible.
- Boxing clubs eligible for support under the Governments Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme (TBESS) are recommended to consider this avenue in the first instance. Sport Ireland has indicated that clubs cannot apply to both schemes
If you club has utility bills in its own name, and can provide bills from 2019 and 2022, if requested by Sport Ireland of successful applicants, clubs can apply here. Applications close at 5pm on November 7th. Clubs which do not utility bills from 2019 and 2022 to hand can request them of their utility provider.
Sport Ireland has advised that it does not expect to pay grants to any successful sporting club until early 2023.
Sport Ireland will assess and allocate the Sport Energy Scheme funding to the IABA on behalf of the clubs, with distribution expected in Quarter One of 2023.
Meeting the eligibility criteria and/or submitting an application is no guarantee that your application will be successful, and a grant will be awarded. Clubs can only submit one application.
If you require any assistance, please contact IABA National Development Manager, James Geraghty, through email@example.com