IABA Permission to Travel advisory

IABA’s National Secretary, Antoinette Fay McClean, has issued a reminder to clubs, county boards and provincial units on the procedures around permission to travel abroad for competition.

“Any team traveling abroad must first email details requesting permission from their County Board. The County Board Secretary will then forward to their Provincial Council Secretary.  The Provincial Council will email the Office and myself.  Permissions will then be sent back to the Provincial Council Secretary to be sent on to the County Board and or club.

Clubs are advised to seek permission of their county board 3 weeks before they intend to travel.  

In instances where clubs are bringing a team including boxers from other clubs abroad, each club with a boxer on the team is not required to apply for permission to travel. The lead club should apply for permission to travel to their county board three weeks before departure, including the names and clubs of all boxers on the team.”