Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA)
Club Development Manager
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland.
The IABA is seeking to appoint a Club Development Manager to support IABA Clubs in their day-to-day operations and work with them in all aspects of their development. It is intended that the person will contribute in delivering on areas set out within the IABA strategic plan and build relationships with local sports partnerships that increase the development of boxing locally.
DURATION OF POST: This post will be funded initially for 1 year with the possibility of extensions (Probationary period 6 months).
LOCATION: The National Stadium Dublin. This is a national post and the IABA the Development Manager will be expected to travel throughout Ireland at times to meet the demands of the post
JOB DESCRIPTION/MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop relationships with other partners including local authorities, leisure trusts and facilities that increase the development of boxing locally.
- Lead the development & implementation of the IABA Boxing Club Development Plan.
- Implement the IABA Strategic Plan in areas of Development.
- Lead the development of opportunities to increase participation and membership in all areas of Boxing.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the IABA Boxing Club Development Programme.
- Support the development of clubs to increase capacity opportunities for participation and performance.
- Work with key partners to review and update audit of existing club facilities and identify priority opportunities for development.
- Develop and produce a range of resources, programmes and training that will support clubs, focusing on key issues including child protection, equality, club development planning, Clubmark, increasing participation, coach/volunteer education and facility development.
- Ensure that all clubs adopt and implement child protection and equality policies and principles.
- Deliver a range of Educational training opportunities to clubs, coaches and volunteers
- Support clubs through all stages of capital developments/projects
- Prepare written and oral Reports as necessary relating to the post.
- Managing Budgets and Resources relating to the post.
To work in partnership to improve boxing by growing participation and by developing quality boxing clubs in Connaught, Leinster, Munster and parts of Ulster.
Targets for Club Development (IABA)
- Sound internal infrastructure at club level
- Generating investment for clubs
- Boxer and volunteer development
- Grow participation
- Profiling Membership base in Province
Key Areas of Work
The Key Areas of Work link the targets above and the standards required by IABA. They are the areas that the candidate be judged on but when they are implemented they will ensure stronger clubs in the province.
A comprehensive audit of each club within the province should be undertaken and all findings must to be presented to CEO in a report document.
This should include a range of regional workshops that clubs can attend including Governance, Sports Development, Funding, Child Protection, 1st Aid and Coach and Volunteer Education & Development.
One of the key roles for the Club Development Manager is to make clubs aware of funding opportunities but more importantly ensure clubs are up to standard to apply for funding. Workshops offered to clubs.
Strong communication needed with Boxing Council, Provincial Council, County boards and individual Clubs. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
The IABA is an Equal Opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for the role of IABA Club Development Manager as indicated above, please send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability to the role.
Please submit your application to Sally Kinch, IABA, National Stadium, 145 South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or applications may be submitted electronically to Sally@iaba.ie
Closing Date for Application: 25th August 2017